Monday, October 3, 2011

Reboot Standard Plan Day #8


Breakfast:
Today is the day I hit the wall. Right off the bat the Sweet N Tart Citrus was not so sweet and very, very, very tart. It could have to do with the three cups of Cranberries or possibly the two small Ruby Red Grapefruit or maybe even the two Limes. But most likely, the tartness came from adding all of those things together. On the upside, that had to be a vitamin C overload. On the downside, it left me feeling blue first thing in the morning. I was already a little on edge because I opted to get an extra hour of sleep opposed to working out this morning but I’ve heard it’s good to let your body rest at least one day, and today would’ve been seven in a row. But still, as I type this I feel guilty so maybe I should’ve just worked out.

Mid-Morning Juice:
By mid-morning, I still hadn’t beat my funk. I was cold after standing outside for over an hour evaluating a load crew competition (my military thing) and all I wanted was something warm to drink (other than hot water with lemon). Instead, I had my cold Green Juice. It wasn’t bad. It had the same clean taste as the last time I had it, but it wasn’t what I was craving so my mood continued. I will mention that last night was the annual Weapons BBQ (that’s the shop I belong to in the military) and I missed it. This is kind of a big deal to me and I know that was adding to my mood because I was now starting to hear all of the stories and feeling left out. I did step on the scale today and I’ve lost 9.4 pounds so far, so that is what’s keeping me motivated. But I would be lying if I said I didn’t miss the taste of Jenkinson’s cooking.

Lunch Juice:
This had been the juice that scared me a little. Not only did we use beets after I swore I’d never ever use them again (I think I’ve said this every time I’ve had them) but after we juiced everything together it looked like, well, like... Diarrhea… I’ve already been taking lots of slack at work for this diet plan and I knew bringing in a cup full of what looked to be, well… You know, wasn’t going to make my life easier. As far as the juice went, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. It was actually quite sweet and I think the tip Jaclyn had gotten at work really helped. This time, instead of just scrubbing the beets we peeled them and the juice had a lot less of an earthy flavor. In fact, the ginger overpowered the beets (in a good way) and contrasted well with the sweetness of the carrot and apple. I will be honest though, we didn’t get rid of the beets but we did use one less than the recipe called for, but hey there was still beets used.

Mid-Afternoon:
I also learned today that not all Coconut Waters are created equally. I’ve actually been enjoying the Coconut water so far, I mean it’s sweet and has helped me choke some of the juices down (like V28). But there was something different about the Vita Coco brand I had today. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but it’s just different. Wait a minute, I figured it out: Goya isn’t completely unsweetened Coconut water. The missing ingredient from the Vita Coco brand was sugar. So wow, more Vita Coco it is then, but when I make it out of this I’m switching back to the Goya brand for sure.

Evening Juice:
The dinner juice was a Carrot-Kale Combo and it was kinda sweet due to the carrots, which was nice but really today was the hardest day and I was pretty juiced out. I have to say I’m even more impressed with what Joe Cross did after walking not even a mile in his shoes and drinking just juice for a couple of days. Right now, 60 days feels like looking up and seeing a never-ending mountain whose peak reaches far beyond the clouds and being winded after the very first steps. I have to say a whole juice diet isn’t for the faint of heart or the fair weather fan. It’s a commitment that takes an iron resolve and I tip my hat to anyone that can make it to the end. As for me, well I’m going to make my fifteen-day mark and feel damn good about myself when I do. 

Day #8 Complete!

Total Cost of Diet for Two: See Day #7

No comments:

Post a Comment